tabs

Saturday, February 28, 2009

MMmmm, something smells good!

We have been spending a lot more time in the kitchen lately with the kids still getting over their colds. It has been fun trying new recipes and tasting the results. Amazingly, Alyssa has really liked everything we have made, from the spicy chili, the green chili beef enchiladas, to the sweet things, like the donuts. The girls both love to spend time in the kitchen stirring the pots, kneading the dough and licking the spatulas.

First time making donuts. The rings are rising.

Can you smell them? Still warm from the fryer!

After Alyssa had her first donut, she exclaimed "Mom, you sure are a good chefer!!"

Helping me put dinner together in the crock pot. By the way, this is her FAVORITE dress and she would wear it everyday if she could.

Mmmm! I can smell all those great spicy scents! Jalapenos, chilis, onion, chili powder, cumin....

There is something that exclaims "summer" to me when I see a pack of colorful straws. Maybe it reminds me of icy cold lemonade on a hot day. I am looking forward to all those cold drinks and bright straws. Spring is less than a month away!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, those donuts look scrumptious! Perfectly sprinkled with sugar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those donuts look so good! My momused to make donuts and we would all stand around waiting for them to cool. I enjoed "catching up" with you on your blog. You have two beautiful girls! I hope they are feeling all better!

    btw..the view from you yard is something else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just realized you have to approve the comment first! I couldn't figure out why it wasn't showing up! Blame it on a lousy nights sleep. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your blog, Amy. Your scrumptious donuts remind me of past days when I made "spudnuts."

    Helen K. - Vancouver

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those donuts are amazing looking! Glad you created your blog--it's been lots of fun to visit :)

    ReplyDelete