tabs

Monday, February 23, 2009

Eagle Crest Winter Vacation January 2009

Our favorite restaurant-The Pine Tavern

Some cuddle time with Papa

Lauren getting some help from mom

Dad and Alyssa enjoying the rink

Alyssa and Lauren trying to slide without a sled

Alyssa loves the snow!


Dad and Lauren cruisin' down, Lauren didn't
like going that fast.

Alyssa's turn and she loved it!!

Three weeks ago we enjoyed a family vacation to central Oregon. We stayed in a condo at the Eagle Crest Resort and halfway through the trip, my folks joined us. There was snow on the ground for the first two days and we had fun playing in it. We found a few small hills on the golf course that the girls and Harry sledded down. We also saw a lot of deer and Canadian geese on the golf course. Lauren went ice skating for the first time with Alyssa on Tuesday evening at the Inn of the Seventh Mountain. They both enjoyed it and couldn't wait to go again! Wednesday we took the girls to the High Desert Museum south of Bend. We explored the old west exhibit, the Indian exhibits, discovered a pioneer homestead, crawled into teepees, and laughed at the resident river otter. On Friday Harry and I left the girls with my folks and went into Bend. We enjoyed walking along the riverfront park, peeking into the shops downtown and then enjoyed dinner at our favorite Bend restaurant, the Pine Tavern.

The girls were so excited to have their papa and grandma stay with us. They kept busy with coloring, games, walks and papa even brought along his travel guitar! Saturday we headed back to the ice skating rink for another session. Alyssa found it much more slippery this time and needed to stay close to the wall. Lauren did a couple laps with her dad holding her under her arms and then she was content to watch from inside the recreation room with papa and grandma. Thanks for coming papa and grandma, it was a very special time! We look forward to going back!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! So fun to find your blog via Natalie! :-) I think you have to re-size the pic up top before you save it as your background. I've tried it a couple times and I hate the way it takes away from the coolness of whatever pic I'm using... I only ever use pics that are very special to me. :-) So I just leave it big. :-) I love your's, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi back! I found yours via Natalie too :) Sorry we missed you when you were in town. That is when we started getting sick! We also missed you guys last August when we were in Moses Lake with all the other visitors. I don't blame you for wanting a week off, three Sunday potlucks in a row is TOO much!!! :)Specially there were you have to bring the whole kitchen with you! Your girls are growing up so quick! They are beautiful! So you like Wenatchee? It is very pretty through there. I prefer that area and West from there with the beautfiul mountains and all the orchards. What a neat area to live in. I have always had a craving for small town life, but not Harry. I guess when you grew up in a city of 3 million, it is even hard to downsize to Portland. He likes excitement I guess! I just want what is best for our girls. Hopefully we can keep in touch now. I like to sew too, so maybe we can exchange ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, we love it here... you guys should come visit us. Why do we never get together?! We always have a blast when we do, I don't understand why we don't more often. :-) Perhaps we should hit Kells or Widmer together sometime in Portland. Your pics are AMAZING by the way, I wish I had your gift with the camera. :-) Exchanging sewing ideas sounds like a great idea to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete