tabs

Thursday, March 19, 2009

We haven't had a very exciting week, so not much to report on. We stayed pretty busy with house cleaning, shampooing carpets and one of my favorite things, rearranging furniture. We tried a new arrangement upstairs that I wish we had thought of sooner in the almost eight years we have lived here. I moved ALL the kids toys out of the bonus room and into their bedrooms, so the big toybox, kitchen, trainset, babies....... and moved the entertainment center from one end to the other of the room. Now it looks so big and roomy!

It has been different having Harold around the house every day since he was laid off two weeks ago. He cleaned out the garage yesterday and has even been spending some time in the kitchen. He has made apple crisp, applesauce and helped make stew. He has been sending out job applications, but we haven't heard from anyone yet. We are taking this opportunity to apply for US citizenship for him and are reviewing our US history for the exam.

The last two Sundays we have been invited to two different Sester homes for dinner. The first was at Gordon and Faith's along with the Herfords. We had a very nice, encouraging time and the kids made themselves right at home with the big closet of toys. Last Sunday, Ted and Karen had us over, again with the Herfords, and Lauren just loved their big bonus room over the garage, all the babies and toy stroller/cribs, and Alyssa kept busy with crafts. Lauren made herself so at home that she provided a embarrassing yet laughable moment. We were all having dinner, the kids at a card table and us adults at the dining room table. The kids always finish fast and excused themselves to play. I noticed they were playing in the master bedroom, but was enjoying the conversation so much at the dinner table, I didn't notice immediately what Lauren was up to. I guess nature called because she came walking out of the master with nothing but her shirt on!! No inhibitions! I was seated in the middle against a wall and couldn't get out, so Charity rushed Lauren back into the room while Harry went out to the car to get diapers. Everyone there has kids, so it really wasn't a shocker to them and gave us a laugh, but I was still embarrassed. I am still laughing about it when I picture her walking out of that room!

Kids are such angels when they are asleep!

Awwwwww!



Both girls love painting! I need to pull all that stuff out more often, it is just soooo messy.



Bright, cheery colors.
This last picture needs some explaining. When I was cleaning the house upstairs the other day, Lauren pulled out the Swiffer sweeper and wanted to help. I pulled out the cloth that goes on the end and put it on for her. She then tried to sweep the carpet with it, which doesn't work too well. So, I knew the bathroom floor needed cleaning and said "Go clean mommies bathroom". I guess I should of been more specific because when I later walked into my bathroom, this is what I saw!


Guess Lauren thought she could scrub the toilet with it! We all had a good laugh before I sanitized the sweeper. Lauren keeps us on our toes!

Today is Alyssa's last day of school until after Spring Break. We don't have any plans but have talked of doing a day trip to the beach, just to have a little fun. Right now Harry is focusing most of his time on finding new employment. Alyssa hasn't wondered yet why daddy is always home. Innocence is so sweet!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! We'll pray for Harry, and the job situation... Sounds like you've been busy! I hear ya on paint being messy. I feel like a bad mom cuz I hate to get the stuff out. :-) The toilet pic totally cracked me up!!! Could be worse, right?!

    ReplyDelete